PreschoolWe strive to inspire children to become life-long learners by providing positive learning experiences. We offer an environment that provides children with a variety of opportunities to pursue and obtain developmental milestones through the growth and development of the social/ emotional and cognitive child as well as gross motor, fine motor and self-help skills. The program will include Early Literacy Experiences, Dramatic Play, Music and Movement and other fun activities!
general infoThe La Jolla YMCA Preschool Program will provide your child with an exciting and enjoyable educational experience; stimulating their senses through the play to learn curriculum.Our full day program is offered at Torrey Pines Church located at 8320 La Jolla Scenic Drive North in La Jolla. The part day program is held at the La Jolla YMCA.
CurriculumOur program provides an educational experience through our play to learn curriculum where children experience a fun and interactive way to explore literacy, math, and science while enhancing a child's social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth and development.
ResourcesOur Preschool program is currently accepting registrations. To schedule a tour of our Preschool program, please contact Brenda Stevens, Preschool Director at (858) 677-9035 or [email protected].
RegistrationA $50 non-refundable registration fee per child is required to register for the program or wait list (if necessary). Space is limited. Registration packets will be provided after tour.
- Registration fee waived with Family Membership
- Children must be potty trained
- Children will need to bring their own lunch daily
- Children will need a small blanket for nap time and cots are provided by the preschool for the children.
Payment and Monthly Fees
- Member rate $1,130/month; Participant rate $1,330/month
- The La Jolla YMCA uses the Automatic Transfer System (ATS) for all childcare participants enrolled in the program.
- We do not offer credits for days your child does not attend due to illness or vacation.
Brenda Stevens Preschool Director
Contact at (858) 677-9035 or by email at [email protected]
Licenses & Contact Information
La Jolla YMCA Preschool
Status of License: Current
License Capacity: 57
Number of Citations: 0
Number of Site Visits: 4
State of California Department of
Social Services Community Care
Licensing in Mission Valley
7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 110
San Diego, CA 92108