Character Builders Before/After SchoolThe Y child care programs are based on the principles of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. We take great pride in sharing with you the goals specific to our licensed Y child care programs. These programs are for children in grades Kindergarten to 5th. Your child will enjoy activities focusing on homework support; character development; health, wellness & fitness; arts, humanities & literacy; science & technology; conflict resolution; social competency and service learning.
Before School Care
- Before school care is offered at La Jolla Elementary, Bird Rock Elementary, and Torrey Pines Elementary.
- 6:30am to start of school.
- This program does not include breakfast.
After School Care
- After school care is offered for Bird Rock Elementary, La Jolla Elementary, and Torrey Pines Elementary.
- School dismissal to 6:00pm.
|Children will enjoy activities focusing on:|
|Health, Wellness, & Fitness||Service Learning||Homework Club|
|Science & Technology||Healthy Snacks Daily||Character Development Activities|
|Conflict Resolution & Social Competency||Group Games||Arts & Crafts|
|Character Builders Plus programs offered for an additional charge. (Torrey Pines students only.)|
enrichment clubs are offered to the program participants. Each club
focuses on a specific topic for a 3-4 week period and has no more than
14 students enrolled at on time. The enrichment clubs are included in
the cost of the program. Enrichment clubs may vary per site.|
RegistrationA $60 (non-refundable) registration fee per child is required to register. Only one fee is required if registering for both the Before & After School Programs. Space is limited. Participants are enrolled on a first come, first served basis.
- Character Builders Parent Manual
- Registration Packet for La Jolla, Bird Rock and Torrey Pines Elementary
Payment and Monthly Fees
- The La Jolla YMCA uses the Automatic Transfer System (ATS) for all before and afters school participants enrolled in the program.
- Children MUST BE picked up by 6:00pm to avoid an additional $1.00/minute fee after 6:00pm.
- Due to high enrollment, we do not offer refunds or credits on days your child does not attend due to illness or vacation.
QuestionsAllison Crooks Childcare Director
Contact at (858) 453-3483 or by email at [email protected]