GymnasticsThe La Jolla YMCA Gymnastics Program is designed for children walking to 18 years. We have a fully equipped gymnastics center and teach gymnastics, strength, flexibility, coordination and self-confidence! Students are given the opportunity to develop skills on the vault, uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise, and tumbling trampoline. Our boys equipment consists of pommel horse, floor, rings, high-bar, parallel bars and vault.
Students must be evaluated and approved by the Gymnastics Director to become a member of the competitive teams.
- All of our classes run on a 4-week monthly schedule unless otherwise noted. Please make sure you check your receipt or online for the official start and end dates of the session.
- All students MUST be registered and paid in full for the current session prior to participating in a gymnastics class. Registration can be done online, over the phone or at the front desk.
- Gymnasts can make up ONE missed class in the same session which they missed, and in a class which is not already filled at capacity. Gymnasts must currently be enrolled in the gymnastics program at least one day per week in order to come in for a make-up class.
- Everyone MUST call the gymnastics department to schedule a make-up class as many of our classes are full.
- All gymnasts should wear clothes that are easy to move in that are free of chains, buckles, buttons, or zippers.
- All long hair must be pulled back from the face and no socks or tights.
Viewing and Waiting areas
- All gymnasts must wait outside of the gymnastics center before their classes start. Due to safety concerns, they may not wait in the gymnastics center or play on the gymnastics equipment while they wait.
- Unfortunately, we do not have the space for parents to watch classes inside the gym. We ask that all parents and non-participants watch from outside the gym through the windows.
Gymnastics QuestionsNicole Bailey Gymnastics Director
Contact at (858) 453-3483 or by email at [email protected]