THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
FUN AND GAMES
The Y and the San Diego Padres Join Forces
We are pleased to announce that for the 2013 baseball season, the YMCA of San Diego County is presenting sponsors of the San Diego Padres fitness initiative, FriarFit, and the San Diego Padres Family Membership Program.
FRIARFIT - San Diego Padres FriarFit is in collaboration with the San Diego Childhood Obesity Initiative, The California Endowment (a statewide health foundation), and SportService (PETCO Park concessionaire). FriarFit's long-term goal is to improve the health and fitness of San Diegans.
- Y members and staff can purchase tickets for the 2013 San Diego Padres season at the corporate partner rate - 20% off all single game tickets (promotional code: YMCA). Discounted tickets are available to purchase now.
- Catch the Y logo in the concessions stands where all FriarFit items (healthier food choices) are sold at PETCO Park. You’ll see us on all FriarFit materials too including the Concession Guide and all pre-game signage for all Sundays at PETCO Park.
- Prior to every Sunday home game during the season, the Padres conduct a FriarFit Instant Recess fitness break out at the Park at the Park. The sessions, open to children and adults, begin at noon and often feature guest leaders. Guest leaders will once again be star fitness professionals from the branches of the YMCA of San Diego County.
- We’ll also have a co-branded exercise video and PSA with Padres players and alumni featured, encouraging kids and parents to be more active and make healthier food choices.
- All Padres Season Ticket Holders and members of Jr. Padres receive a two-week free trial to any YMCA of San Diego County branch of their choice. Padres fans will contact their local Y to get your free trial!
SD Padres Family Membership Program
New this year! Exclusive SD Padres Family Membership is for those season ticket holders who identify as a family. This is a year around, value add program year for those more than 1000 families who love attending games together. As members, they are invited to one event per month catering to their specific lifestyle.
- Family Photos on the Field
- Family Holiday event
- Padres Theme Park Day
- Campout on the Field
- Family Birthday Party